OSU Swing Dance club is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and inclusive environment. To that end, we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. We strive to create a space that is safe for everyone, regardless of age, ability, race, gender, sexual orientation, physical appearance, or religion. If you experience or witness threatening behavior at club meetings or events, please speak to a board member so they can address the situation. If we are made aware of any unacceptable behavior, we can ask you to leave and may prohibit your return at our own discretion. All club attendees, board members, and instructors are required to comply with our code of conduct.
Code of Conduct:
- Verbal, physical, emotional, or sexual harassment will not be tolerated
- Use of misogynist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or racist language will not be tolerated
- Persistent and unwelcome attention is considered harassment and will be treated as such
- Respect other's experiences, identities, and boundaries
- Be responsible for your own actions; be aware that your actions have an effect on others, despite what your intentions may be. Listen and change your behavior if someone tells you that you are making them uncomfortable
- Be aware of your prejudices and privileges
Additionally, all members must abide by the OSU Code of Conduct.
Social Dance Etiquette:
- Anyone may ask anyone else to dance, regardless of gender, dance role, or dance experience
- Respect the right of other dancers to decline a dance, whether or not they provide a reason. They might be tired, dislike the song, or simply not want to dance with you; all are valid reasons!
- Be aware of others on a crowded dance floor, and do your best to avoid collisions. If one occurs, apologize and make sure everyone involved is ok.
- Do not offer unsolicited advice to fellow dancers in class or on the social dance floor.
- Please do not do any aerials, air steps, dips or lifts while on the dance floor or in the venue. We do not want you injuring yourself, your partner, or others around you.
- If you feel uncomfortable during a dance, do not hesitate to inform your partner, or leave the dance if necessary